Pages

Sunday, January 20, 2013

Verbs! Verbs! Verbs!

Last week we started our study of verbs.

I have used a few free verbs study packs I've found on TPT to introduce the concept.

I love this one by because she shows the anchor chart she made and the three different types of verbs, which can be confusing for the little ones.

Free Verb Activities by Amy Lemons







This one had a fun action verb detective activity the kids loved.

Verb Activities by Rachel Lamb







Finally, after playing scattergories with a group of friends one weekend I decided to adapt the game for verbs. We had such a great time playing this game!

I wrote up some directions and a recording sheet in case you want to add this game into your plans when you study verbs.




Click the picture to view this file in google docs. 



4 comments:

  1. Very nice article and I am Obat Aborsi And Obat Telat Bulan very happy to meet with your blog, the articles are very interesting, thank you for share very amazing article and I wait for the next quality articles...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I played The Verb Game with my seventh graders today. I have split-gender classes. Both the boys and the girls loved it. The girls didn't even seem to notice when the bell rang. The boys were so quiet when they were making their lists. They had to figure out how to cooperate to see who had the same words. I really liked the graphics. I think the amount of space you have for each round is perfect. I think I will use it for out units on adjectives, also. Thanks again!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

Total Pageviews

 

Design By Sour Apple Studio | All Rights Reserved
Clipart by Stockberry Studio