Pages

Saturday, June 9, 2012

Summer Reading Linky Party!

I'm joining up with the clutter free classroom for her linky party on summer reading.



When I was a kid I was the one you would see running into a pole because I was reading while walking. I still love to read. However, books kind of take a back seat during the school year.

I use the summer as an opportunity to read as much as I can both professional teaching books, and just for fun reading.

These are the books I read last summer that I found helpful, or inspiring in some way.






See me after class offered practical advice and was a very quick read. The cornerstone was incredibly helpful in setting up classroom routines and procedures, and the book whisper changed my life. It validated everything I had always know about teaching reading as well as gave me some new and innovative ideas for inspiring a love of reading in my students.

This summer I want to read


I'm going to join the upper elementary book club over at We Read, We Blog, We Teach for the daily five and cafe. I have wanted to implement this system since my student teaching when my mentor teacher used it. However my attempts at the style have proven unsuccessful so far. I can't wait to dive into it with other teachers and be able to implement it fully into my classroom next year.

As for summer fun reading I love memoirs. Something about reading about others struggles and how they overcame them inspire me. I just finished 


It's the story of Carolyn Jessop a woman born into the polygamist FLDS church in colorado city. It details    her life being married to a high ranking member of the church as well as her eventual escape with her 8 children. 

I have no idea what I'm going to read next, I'm probably going to download a bunch of samples on my kindle and choose that way! 

1 comment:

  1. Escape sounds like a good read. I grew up in SLC, so I have always found polygamists interesting. My mom works at a children's hospital there, and you often see the polygamist wives come in to deliver their babies. One time a guy had two wives in labor at two different hospitals. I loved Big Love and now watch Sister Wives. So fascinating! Thanks for stopping by my blog.

    April @ The Idea Backpack

    ReplyDelete

Total Pageviews

 

Design By Sour Apple Studio | All Rights Reserved
Clipart by Stockberry Studio