Pages

Thursday, July 19, 2012

Do you teach cursive? Well if you do I've got a freebie for you!

At my school we teach cursive at third grade. I happen to teach second and third grade on a loop. I taught third last year, and I am going back to second this year.

So last year when I first realized I would be teaching cursive I was a little nervous. I had one book that I made copies from and I pulled different things of the internet, as well as making my own cursive practice sheets. I felt like I was making it up as I went though. My students all learned cursive just fine (well most of them did, but the ones that didn't already had issues with printing as well.) But I wanted to create something I could use again when I loop up with my kiddos and teach third again.

That is where my newest unit comes in!




I am really excited about it and only wish I didn't have to wait till next year to use it. I am going to give a copy to this years third grade teachers at my school as a little way to introduce them to TPT. 

I also created a little alphabet line to go with it. 


The alphabet line is free when you purchase the cursive pack! Or you can buy it separately. To check out these items you can click on the links below.



So for sticking with me I have a little freebie for you!

This is included in the pack. I'm sure you've heard of the desk fairy right? The fairy that comes when everyone is at home to reward kids with clean desks? Well this is the cursive fairy. She only visits kids who show their very best cursive! Attach these to student work and they can turn it in for a prize!



All right last but not least, I want to remind you all about my fabulous giveaway! You could win a target gift cards and lots of other prizes from amazing teacher/bloggers. You still have 5 days to enter!




So I plan on going into my classroom this weekend and getting some things set up so hopefully I will have some classroom pictures to show. I am really excited and I know my boyfriend is too, because he wants all the stuff I've bought in the last few days out of the house. It's kind of taking over :-)

P.S

First two people to comment with their email address (that's important or I can't send it to you) get the whole cursive pack plus alphabet line for free!



2 comments:

Total Pageviews

 

Design By Sour Apple Studio | All Rights Reserved
Clipart by Stockberry Studio