Pages

Thursday, August 16, 2012

Back to School Jitters

It's that time of year again! Back to school time. Teachers go back next week and the kiddos arrive on the 4th.

My body knows it's back to school time because I can't sleep. AT ALL. For the few weeks leading up to school I have the hardest time sleeping. I'm up at crazy hours of the night jotting down notes for things I want to try or do in my classroom and I can't seem to turn my brain off. This usually stops shortly after school starts. Which is good because  I REALLY need my beauty rest.


I decided to link up with a Turn to Learn for the Back to School Jitters linky party



Back to School Jitters Linky Party



As the picture says I've taught the same kids for three years. This was great because I really got to know them as people and learners. However I am so excited about getting a new class and all the change that it will bring. 

I always get so nervous before the first day of school. The not sleeping, can't keep down a breakfast, sweaty hands kind of nervous. I will say though besides the sweaty hands no one would know I was nervous, I'm pretty good at keeping my cool ;-)

The terrible thing is that every single year I have had a great first day. The kiddos are always on their best behavior and everything goes as smoothly as it can. So why do I feel this way year after year! Seriously, it is super annoying

Any veterans out there want to tell me when this feeling goes away? 

I've enjoyed this linky party because it is good to know that others out there get nervous too and that I'm not alone. 

In other news! Check my blog tomorrow because I have three days of fantastic giveaways lined up for you! It's the last three days of my summer vacation so I'm going to try and live it up as much as I can, and you guys can have the chance to get some goodies! 

So don't forget to come back tomorrow!




4 comments:

  1. Having the same kids for 3 years would be really interesting - and very hard to send them on to a new teacher. Our Waldorf school has the teacher stay with the class from grade 1 - 8! Enjoy your new kids - do you get them for the next three years?
    I found you through the jitters linky and am a new follower.

    sandi
    rubber boots and elf shoes

    ReplyDelete
  2. All I can say is that this will be year 6 and I still get nervous before the first day. I always worry about not teaching a procedure too. We must just know and understand how important those are. :)

    Amanda
    The Teaching Thief

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't know anyone who doesn't get nervous. You don't know what will walk in that door on the first day! :) I looped up with one group last year and really wanted to do it again this year-I think it's a great experience.

    NotJustChild'sPlay

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am starting my eleventh year of teaching and I still get a little nervous before the first day. You will have a great first day!

    Jana
    Thinking Out Loud

    ReplyDelete

Total Pageviews

 

Design By Sour Apple Studio | All Rights Reserved
Clipart by Stockberry Studio