Pages

Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Back from Vacation, Chair pockets and a Schedule Card Freebie


It feels like forever since I've blogged, but I know its been less than a week. I am back from vacation though, and trying to get myself fully into school mode.

I'm trying to get my classroom all set up before Monday. We will see how that goes. Hopefully that means I will have some pictures to share with you all next week!

While I was on vacation my chair pockets arrived. Hooray! I spent way to much money on these, but I know they are going to make my life so much easier.


Now I just need to label them. I am going to use numbers so they are, of course reusable from year to year. I figured the best way to do that would be with some fabric paint.

Here's what fits inside.


In their chair pockets students will keep their math journal, unfinished work folder, morning work journal and a book. I will have a separate place for them to keep their science notebook and writer's workshop binder. 

Any thoughts on how to keep the kids from stashing pencils, trash and other miscellaneous items in there? I want this strictly for those items only. 


So before I go I have a freebie for you all. I have changed my mind about my schedule cards 50 million times. I have seriously made 5 or 6 different types. Here are the last ones I made. I decided to go with black and white so that I could print on colored paper and save some ink.

The ones I'm using



Blank ones for customizing



I made some editable ones as well and thought I'd share. All you have to do is click the link to download. I tried it out and it looks like you can add the text and print all within the google document now, pretty cool! So if you still haven't decided on your schedule cards and you want to save some ink maybe you can use these!


(Can someone let me know if the google doc is working? It has a tendency to not work for me sometimes, thanks!)



No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews

 

Design By Sour Apple Studio | All Rights Reserved
Clipart by Stockberry Studio